wan2be.blogspot.com
Face it
Sunday, September 13, 2015
Everything you say not to be is
everything you turned out to be.
How will you be a role model for others
When you can't even be who you say you can be?
Right in my face you lie to me like it's nothing
Can't even face up to your own lies
Like it's nothing to you at all.
How do you face yourself in the mirror?
I wanted someone to look up to
to inspire me to be a better version of myself.
Felt guilty for accusing, questioning myself
For questioning you.

But I knew in my heart someone wasn't right.
Lying in my bed at night waiting for you to lie
down next to me and treat me right.
I wanted the person I believed you could be
No turning back once you discover the truth
It hurts but it's done and I can be brave and
face up to it
No looking you in the face now cause trust is gone
it flew away like migratory birds who die on the way.